Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ice Cream Social, Dahli and Sadness.

Yikes! It's been way too long since my last entry. The week seemed to just fly by and I honestly have no idea where it went. Sometimes that's good and sometimes not so much.

Here's Rodney and Mike dishing up the ice cream on Monday.  Holly was making sure the topping dishes stayed full.
The ice cream social was loads of fun. All of the honorees were in their 80's and they each received a Poise pad and a pink carnation. I should have had all of them in a group picture. Wishing I would have thought of that! If you didn't have a good time it was your own fault.

Dahli went for her annual check-up on Wednesday and Dr. Saunders gave her an A+ in all areas. How good is that? On Thursday, she went to the groomer.  I've been trying to get her to let me take her picture but she's in one of those "I don't think so" modes. I hate when she does that! Anyway, I snuck (sp?) up on her when she was sleeping and got this before she jumped down.  The drat fringe that I'm try to get to grow out is still in her eyes but it's the best I can get at the moment.
A bit of sadness to share with you. In July, you may remember I celebrated my birthday with Dolores who is my Birthday buddy. Our birthdays are exactly the same in day, month and year. Anyway, Dolores was diagnosed with breast cancer 25 years ago. All was good until last fall when her cancer reappeared. She's been doing well until 3 days ago. She's now unresponsive.  The Hospice Nurse estimates Dolores will be gone soon.
Please say a prayer for my dear friend. I will truly miss her. Thanks.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Marge;

    The ice cream social sounded like a lot of fun. I cracked up laughing at the "gifts" you gave the honorees. LOL!
    Dahli is so adorable! Love the bow in her hair. Glad she got an A+
    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. She is in my prayers.
    Have a blessed weekend dear Marge. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, I am sorry about your friend. I wilk say a prayer for her and you too. Nothing like some yummy icecream!!! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marge, so sorry to hear that Dolores is so near the end. I'm praying for her and her family (and for you).

    ReplyDelete