Monday, August 15, 2011

My Simple Womans Daybook

FOR TODAY: Dolores, my Birthday Buddy, passed yesterday morning. I will miss her!

Outside my window . . . a bright sunny day but we'll get some rain this afternoon

I am thinking . . . that it's not easy being OLD.

I am thankful . . . that Dolores's passing was peaceful and in her own home.

From the learning rooms . . . (if this applies)

In the kitchen . . . fresh coffee brewing

I am wearing . . . still in my pj's

I am creating . . . a new cookbook for Lake Bonnet Village

I am going . . . over to Ginny's this morning

I am wondering . . . if the gal that's supposed to clean Ginny's house will show up today

I am reading . . . cookbooks

I am hoping . . . that Ginny feels better soon

Around the house . . .  laundry done but lots of ironing to do.

I am pondering . . . what great and wonderful things this week holds for me.

One of my favorite things . . . the smell of coffee brewing

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . helping at Ginny's today & a Doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Nothing much planned for the rest of the week.

Here is picture I am sharing . . .
2003 and 1995 cookbooks


Please join us at Simple Womans Daybook by clicking on the link below.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Marge;

    I'm so sorry to hear about your friend passing but I'm glad to was peaceful. I enjoyed reading your SWD and love the idea of a cookbook. There is nothing better in the world to me (as you know) than the smell of fresh coffee brewing. In fact my pot is happily doing just that. LOL!

    Have a blessed beginning of the week my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the passing of your friend, Marge. Good news about Dahli's check up, tho. We got Cooper from a breeder in Washington State. She imported the English Creams (parents) from Europe. After we lost Kali, our 2nd golden with lymphoma, we wanted to get away from the US breeders because cancer is so prevalent in the goldens here. We picked Cooper up at Burbank Airport when he was 3 months old. He'll be one next month. :) (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to smell coffee brewing, too.

    I also love to read cookbooks. I like reading them better than using them, LOL.

    Sorry to hear of your friend passing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marge,
    Got back from Tennessee last night. Had a lovely time. I just posted some photos on FB and will blog tomorrow and add them there as well.
    Hope you're doing well. Looking forward to our next lunch outing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marge;

    You can put any of my recipes in your book. When it's published I'd like to buy a copy.

    Just got back from having blood tests. I'm off for a nap.. ;-} Have a great day my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete