Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ouch!!

I have this set of sliding glass doors between my great room and Florida room. I have no problem with the glass doors but it's the screen door that I occasionally close that gives me problems. Actually that's not quite right. I'm the one that gives the door problems.  Did this ever happen to you?
Not once but twice. Honestly, I truly hate when this happens. I mean not only does it hurt to practically break your neck but it takes forever to get the darn thing back on the tracks. Grrr!!

There's no way I want to spend the rest of my life walking into the screen door so I ordered some screen magnets for the door and they remind me and Dahli to open the screen instead of  trying to walk thur it.  I googled 'screen magnets' and found them and ordered some daisies from Window Film World.  They're pretty cute and so far are doing the job for me.
 
 My smoke alarm started beeping during the early morning hours and that means it needs a new battery. As luck would have it, I have every single battery except the one I need. That means a quick trip into town for a package of C batteries. I'll be around to visit as soon as I get home. Until next time . . . God bless.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday Marge;

    When I was staying with my brother in CA, I had the same problem with the screen door on the sliding doors. What a job putting it back on track. I know how you feel Wish they would have thought about screen magnets.

    Thanks for reminding me I need to order batteries. ;-} Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciao Marge, happy Friday!
    I feel for you with the smoke alarm! Our starts beeping really loud (usually at 4-5 am!) that gives me a headache every time! Grrrrr.... love the pitcher in your previous post, that's a great find! :)
    Happy weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, I was always walking into our glass sliding door! (It was painful once or twice)so I put 3 stripes of electrical tape across at eye level. Haven't walked into it since :)

    ReplyDelete