Thursday, September 1, 2011

Florida Room & Tropics

The furniture for the Florida Room came yesterday.
The patio set that I ordered from Loew's was sold out and they were no longer able to order any pieces.  I went back to the store where I purchased the carpet and they had several lovely sets so I picked one of theirs and they delivered it yesterday.

Instead of the regular umbrella table, I ordered what they call a gathering table. It's 30 inches round and the same height as a coffee table so it should work nicely in the Florida Room.  Best of all, everything is made in the good old USA.

I saw this lovely pineapple at the store and just had to have it.  It will be an absolutely perfect piece for the
table.  It's made by a company named Uttermost.  Each piece is made by hand, so no two pieces are exactly alike.  It's not only to look at either.  There's a candle inside there.

I'm so happy to finally have some decent place to sit.  The lawn chairs I've been using out there can now go back to the pool deck at the farm.

There's something tropical swirling in the Gulf of Mexico that could ruin your holiday weekend.
This storm looks rather ominous to me but I'm not going to worry about it until the weatherman tells me I should.  Could use a few prayers if you think of it.  Thanks.

7 comments:

  1. Happy September 1st Marge;

    The patio furniture looks lovely. Hard to believe you found something made in the USA. I too purposely look for items made here in America while praying it puts more of our fellow countrymen back to work.

    My prayers are with you my friend on that rather scary looking storm there in the Gulf. Take care. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, I like your new chairs!. I like to sit out and enjoy the breeze in the front. I hope you have nice weather for the weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cute furniture! I love the pineapple too. You certainly have a decorating flair.
    I've been watching the storm out in the Gulf as well. Sounds like it will be a rain soaker for the panhandle and that area. What is it about Labor Day weekend that brings on the storms?
    Take care and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice purchases.

    I hope you don't get hit by the storm. I'll be thinking of you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marge,
    I love the the Pineapple! Great looking chairs, they look comfy too. Enjoy! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love pineapples!! So cute to decorate with.
    Happy Labor Day!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new patio chairs look pretty and comfy! I like pineapple as a decor, too. It's a symbol of welcome in many places, including Hawaii. Hope you have a great Labor Day! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete