Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A slight detour


Dahli and I started for home around 3 o'clock on Sunday afternoon.  About 45 mins into our trip the battery light on the dashboard started flashing.  I turned off the radio and a/c and hoped the light would stay off but no such luck.  I knew there was some sort of problem and couldn't help but wonder if I was gonna make it home.

Things got further complicated when my left arm fell asleep. That funny tingling and numb feeling.  I started moving my arm around hoping the circulation would improve.  It didn't.  Then my left leg joined the party and it too was numb and tingly.  Did you ever see anyone driving a car while trying to exercise both extremities. Not safe and not pretty.

I made it home safely but unfortunately the numbness and tingling did not improve.  I called 911 and was admitted to Florida Hospital from Sunday to Tuesday.  I'm happy to report that I did not have a stroke but did have what they call a TIA (temporary ischemic attack).  That means that for whatever reason the flow of blood to the brain was temporarily interrupted resulting in the numbness and tingling.

Took the car into the Toyota dealer today.  No good news there though.  My wallet will be hugely impacted on this little repair job.  Ouch!!  I've been thinking about getting one of those Prius cars.  Maybe I'll trade up!!  I'm taking a serious look at the financial situation and a Prius will stay in the thinking stage for a while longer. Almost time to leave for cardBingo so I better go.  I'll be around to visit later. Until then . . . God bless.


2 comments:

  1. I am glad you were okay and glad you saw the drs. Sorry about your car. I hope it works out. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Marge! So glad you're okay. The trip home must have been so scary for you. I'm glad that you didn't have a stroke.
    Car repairs can sure be the pits. Hope the repairs didn't hurt your pocket book too much! Take care.

    ReplyDelete