Monday, October 10, 2011

My Simple Womans Daybook


FOR TODAY: Medical Issues


Outside my window . . . The sun is shining after a whole weekend of rain and wind. So happy to see Miss Sunshine has decided to visit us again and hope she stays for a long while.

I am thankful . . . that the placement of a pacemaker in my chest went well.  I tried sleeping on my left side for short periods of time last night and it was no problem.

From the learning rooms . . . I am reading the instruction booklet that came with the pacemaker and learning tons about the 'do's and don't's' of pacemakers

In the kitchen . . . My sweet friend, Jo brought over a loaf of banana bread yesterday so I'll be having a slice of that for breakfast along with a real egg. The only eggs in the hospital are scrambeled fake eggs.

I am wearing . . . pj's, white hoodie and socks. PLUS a band around my chest to keep me from raising my left arm.

I am going . . . to a potluck at the Community Hall tomorrow evening

I am wondering . . . how long it's gonna take to charge my golf cart. Seems to be taking longer & longer.

I am hoping . . . that the golf cart won't need new batteries.

Around the house . . . the outside electrical outlet and lampost light haven't worked since Bob washed my house last week. I need to call him about that.

I am pondering . . . (continuation from last week)What routines would I like to “fall back” into?  What are some old hobbies I would like to bring back into my life?  What is it that I really miss doing or participating in? Thanks to Barb's Blog for the idea.

One of my favorite things . . . a clam bake.  Sooooooooo yummy!

A few plans for the rest of the week . . . the home health nurse will visit each day to check the pacemaker insertion site, playing hand & foot a few evenings this week, painting the shutters I took down & rehanging them.

Here is picture I am sharing . . . Hopefully this picture will not gross anyone out.  Sorry if it does. Anyway, it's a picture of what the pacemaker looks like and how it's placed.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness that was quick, glad to hear that the placing of the pace maker went well and that you're doing ok. Take care of yourself. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge!

    A pacemaker! Wow, I guess I better keep better track of you! My sweet friend, who is 95, just had one put in a few months ago, and she is feeling soooo much better! I know that you will feel like a new person too, especially after you get out of the sling... :0) In the meantime, keep your golf cart plugged in, because you will feel like playing 18 holes!

    Big get well hugs to you!!

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your pacemaker surgery went well and you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh Marge. apologies for not stopping by, it's been a touch busy here lately.

    Gosh, I'm glad the pacemaker surgery went well. Just you look after yourself and take care.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marge;

    I'm so glad that all went well with the surgery and pacemaker. Prayers were definitely answered.

    I haven't been online the past few days as I've been traveling around the hills and country roads in my area with my daughter. It's truly been a beautiful Indian summer. I've posted some pics and will post more on Friday. Have a lovely day my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete