Friday, May 25, 2012

Dinner Adventure . . .

A short time before we planned on leaving for dinner at Disney, a news flash came across the TV screen announcing that Interstate 4 was closed East Bound because of thick smoke from a nearby brush fire.  I-4 is the main artery going thru Orlando and it's close to all the attractions including Disney.

Instead of leaving for dinner at 4:30 p.m. as planned we left at 4.  When we got onto Disney's World Drive, we were greeted by the traffic that was detoured off  the Interstate.  I was ready to just get in line and wait my turn but Andy was having none of that.  He instructed me to pass all the cars in line and go as far to the front as possible.  When I got to the beginning of the line, there was this little patch of grass between me and freedom.  I could see that others had driven on the grass so guess what?  I did likewise just like a hot rod driver.  I can't believe I just did that!

Neither could the guys.  I love happy endings and ours was exactly that.  I'm not recommending that anyone break any traffic laws and fully admit that had the police caught me I would probably have been ticketed but . . . . . under the circumstances it was exactly the right thing to do.  My opinion.

 Oh by the way, dinner was wonderful.  The clams, muscles and crab legs were dee-licious.  In fact, everything on the buffet was great. The bad part is that I ate way too much. Why do I do that?  I dunno but it was a special time for me with the guys and I loved every minute.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Marge, Tony would have been proud of you, I'd have my eyes closed. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete