Monday, June 4, 2012

If It's Monday . . .


FOR TODA Y: It's My Simple Womans Daybook Day.  I've missed 2 Mondays in a row so there's no way I'm missing today!
Outside my window... the sun is shining, the sky is blue and the grass is green. Beautiful day!

I am thinking... that I would love to say 'congratulations' to Queen Elizabeth.

I am thankful... that I'm busy living my life and not sitting around with nothing to do.

In the kitchen... a meatloaf is in the oven.  I'm using a new recipe I found on the Progresso bread crumbs container.  Hope it tastes as good as it smells.

I am wearing... lime colored capri's, a white tee and bare feet.

I am creating... a June calendar for our "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" summer.  It's our communication tool for letting everyone what's planned and where to sign up.

I am going... to put a coat of Thompson's Water Sealer on the potting table I bought from Mickey.  Working with potting flowers has been a real struggle up till now so this new addition solves that problem for me..

I am wondering... if we should try joining Oprah's new book club.  She announced yesterday that her Book Club is restarting.  Cheryl Strayed's Wild, an unforgettable memoir about the author's 1,100-mile hike through the Pacific Crest Trail is the first selection.

I am reading... "Memory in Death" by J.D. Robb.  Really into this book and finding it much better than our last selection.  J.D. Robb's books are really well liked here and that influenced our choice.

I am hoping...  that the little sore on my right leg heals soon.  It's been bothering me for a while now so the Doctor prescribed Bactroban today.  Hope it works!!

I am looking forward to...  getting away for some sort of vacation this summer. Hmmm. Where to go? My bucket list is filled with possibilities and choosing one is really gonna be a problem.

I am learning  ... how to pace myself  It sounds like such a simple thing but it's turning out to be a challenge for me.

Around the house... In need of some serious cleaning but this lady of the house has been having too much fun to think about cleaning her house.

I am pondering... how to please most of the people most of the time & what to do with the ones that I never please?

A favorite quote for today...  "There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is."  Albert Einstein

 One of my favorite things... finding something made in the USA.  I found this jar that I use for cotton balls at WalMart.  Hooray!  Maybe we'll see more items made in the USA someday.

A few plans for the rest of the week:A peek into my day... Last week was way too busy so this week it's going to a minimum of activity.

Join us at The Simple Womans Daybook by clicking  HERE

3 comments:

  1. I love buying made in the USA too! It is a shame that we have to sometimes look so hard to find them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, I also made a Meatloaf yesterday a healthier version of Martha Stewart’s Meatloaf I found on the net. I want to read Cheryl Strayed's Wild, it has very good reviews. Glad to hear you are enjoying the J.D. Robb book and congratulations on the Made in USA find! Have a nice Tuesday. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge;

    Loved your SWD entry. I'll have to check out J.D. Robb's books. Believe me, if everything Made in USA wasn't so expensive, I would replace all my kitchen and dinnerware with it!! Hope the Bactroban helped my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete