Monday, June 18, 2012

If It's Monday . . .



FOR TODAY:  It's My Simple Womans Daybook Day
Outside my window...  
It was a hot (90's) day here. The sun is still shining but soon it will be dusk.
I am thinking...
the day went too fast today.
I am thankful...
that Dad's surgery went well today.
In the kitchen...
Andy made a stirfry for dinner this evening!
I am wearing...
black pants, black & white striped top, tennies
I am creating...
a scrapbook of our summer of 2012 activities at the Village
I am going...
home tomorrow
I am wondering...
if Dad will be able to apply the ointment into his eye twice a day.
I am reading...
I finished "The Woman Next Door" and started "The Best of Me" by Nicholas Sparks.
I am hoping...
to get some stuff on my 'to do' list done this week starting with cleaning the garden shed on Thursday.
I am looking forward to...
going to Highlands Little Theater next Sunday
I am learning
Around the house...
All is quiet.  Andy's in his room fast alseep. The puppies are both sleeping and Dad and I are watching "America's Got Talent".
I am pondering...
A favorite quote for today... 

"No one can drive you crazy unless you give them the keys"  - Unknown

 One of my favorite things...
is relaxing with a good book.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
go home tomorrow, shuffle and card bingo on Wednesday, cleaning the shed on Thursday, rest on Friday.
A peek into my day...

Join us @ The Simple Womans Daybook by clicking HERE

4 comments:

  1. I love Nicholas Sparks!! One of my favorite things is relaxing with a book too! Hoping your dad has a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, Glad to hear Dad's surgery went well. It's been very warm here for June so far and not much rain, I mustn't complain. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge! Happy 1st Day of Summer! Hope you made it home safely and glad the surgery went well. I don't watch America's Got Talent but caught a glimpse of it last night with the little girl tap dancer- she was amazing. Bad Howard Stern not voting for her! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marge!

    Sounds like you have had a busy week - hope that your dad is recovering nicely . . . hugs to you both.

    I love Nicholas Sparks - I really need to get that book!

    It's a little too hot for me where you are - we hit about 80 today and I thought I would melt!

    Hope you didn't work too hard on the shed... ;0)

    I would really love to get your instructions for Hand and Foot. My husband and I have been playing it . . . but I don't think I remember it as well as I thought. My e-mail is on my blog if you get a chance - thanks Marge.

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete