Friday, July 27, 2012

76 and 2012

In between big mouth fulls of cake and ice cream, reading all my birthday cards and opening birthday gifts, I'll be watching the 2012 Summer Olympic games starting today in the UK. I mean how much more exciting can one persons birthday be?
The truth of the matter is that getting old sure sucks!!! If my body was a car, I would be thinking of trading it in for a newer model. 
I've got bumps, dents and scratches in places I didn't even know I had. My paint job is getting dull. My headlights are out of focus. My traction is not as graceful as it once was. 
It takes me hours to reach maximum speed. But the worst is: every time I sneeze, cough, or sputter either my radiator leaks or my exhaust backfires!!  No kidding, getting old is not for wimps!
Good advice from the only lady who understands me. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, tee hee there is no other way but to laugh. The Montreal Olympics were in '76, it was also the year we were married. I'll be watching the opening ceremonies. Enjoy the rest of your special day. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge;

    For a minute I thought I wrote this post! LOL! Happy Birthday my friend. Maxine understands both of us.. ;-} Have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the Olympics!!! Happy Birthday!! ((BIG HUGS))!!!

    ReplyDelete