Thursday, July 5, 2012

Another Fun Holiday!

Yesterday's 4th of July luncheon was another super party. The fried chicken from Publix was crispy & tasty. The side dishes prepared by all our great cooks were outstanding and the desserts were delicious.  We truly had a fun time. Gene & Jean Elliott donated our 4th of July cake.
Our party was hosted by Mary Tyner.  She is a delightful gal who is very much into craft.  She surprised us with door prizes and little pins that she made for each one of us. If you look closely you can see the little patriotic angel she has pinned to her top. 
This is one of the little baskets that Mary made and offered as door prizes.  Wish I would have won one. No kidding.  It was just darling.
After lunch, 27 of us stayed and played cardBingo.  It was a fun ending to a fun afternoon.

In the evening I watched the fireworks on PBS and ABC.  Both shows were spectacular. Hope your 4th was as fun as mine.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute cake and little basket. I have a really cool Longaberger basket that is patriotic like that. It's very big and I think it was one of their anniversary baskets. Sounds like you had a fun fourth! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday Marge;

    I bet that cake was as delicious as it looks and the pin and baskets are wonderful! I too have a little Longaberger basket that has a ceramic heart attached that says Horizon of Hope given to me by Judy when she had those great giveaway monthly gifts.

    I too watch the NYC and Capital Fireworks. Have a lovely Friday and weekend my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge, Looks like you all had a great time. Love the cake, bet it tasted good too. Sorry you didn't win the basket, it was really cute. Hope you are having a good weekend. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete