Monday, July 9, 2012

If It's Monday . . .

FOR TODAY: It's My Simple Womans Daybook Day

Outside my window...
Another gorgeous Florida day.  Hope we get our afternoon shower today.
I am thankful...
that my breathing has improved so much that I was able to get my garden shed cleaned out over the w/e.

In the kitchen...
pork chops in the slow cooker this morning.
I am wearing...
still in my p.j's
I am creating...
A Memorial Page for my friends and neighbors here at LBV. I've gone back to 2005 to retrieve names from the Chatter.  Many issues are missing but with luck, I'm hoping that slowly we'll find the back issues and eventually complete the list.
I am going...
back to Beall's today to spend my $30 free dollars coupon.
I am reading...
"The Witness" by Nora Roberts.  Pretty good.
Around the house...
cleaning the kitchen awnings is next on my 'to-do' list.
A favorite quote for today...  "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and miss it, but that it is too low and we hit it. – Michelangelo"  
 One of my favorite things...
shopping, of course!!
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Dahli to the groomer and me to Dr. Piccione on Tues. Shuffle and card Bingo on Wednesday.  I've gotta get back to playing cards. Maybe that will happen this week.
A peek into my day...
This beautiful "carpet" is created every year in the Grand Palace in Brussels . It's made entirely with fresh flowers - begonias.

What a breathtaking sight! Isn't it wonderful that there is so much beauty in this world and the computer enables all to enjoy it.
Join us @ The Simple Womans Daybook by clicking HERE

4 comments:

  1. What a great quote by Michelangelo- I'd never heard that before but always remember a similar one I heard from a teacher in Jr, High School about aiming high. I should google that... it had something to do with the stars...

    Glad your breathing is better! Don't overdo! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found it:

    Aim for the moon, that way, even if you miss you'll still be amongst the stars! - W. Clement Stone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge!

    Sounds like you are busy . . . as usual! I have breathing problems too - asthma - and this hot weather, and hay season aren't helping me. Hope you get to feeling like yourself very soon!

    My husband and I have worn out the cards playing Hand and Foot - thanks again!

    I too loved the Michelangelo quote! We all need to make our aims a little higher!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marge, Hope you spent your $30 wisely. Glad your breathing is better. Great job on the shed, ours needs a cleaning, got get around to that. Today was our 36th wedding anniversary, but no time to post. We are having hot weather also and no rain if it continues the garden will suffer unless I keep watering. I just finished reading Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail, it was pretty good. Glad you enjoyed "The Witness". Hope your Dr's appt. went ok. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete