Monday, July 16, 2012

If It's Monday . . .


FOR TODAY: It's My Simple Womans Daybook Day.
Outside my window...
The sun is shining at the moment but that could change back to cloudy in the next 15 minutes.
I am thankful...
That I'm feeling much better and plan on playing Hand & Foot this evening for the first time in many months. Hope I didn't forget how to play.
In the kitchen...
Made a batch of tuna fish patties yesterday so along with some mashed potatoes and spinach that's what will be on my dinner plate this evening.
I am wearing...
Tan bermudas and a white tee
I am creating...
A list of books I've read this summer along with a small picture of the book cover.
I am reading...
I finished reading "The Witness" by Nora Roberts and "Summer House" by Nancy Thayer.  Right now I'm finishing up "Porch Lights" by Dorothea Benton Frank and can't wait to start "Heart of the Matter" by Emily Giffin.  Great summer reading!
I am hoping...
that some new sod gets planted this week
I am learning
that there are some things that you just cannot do yourself. I've learned that the lawn is one of those things so from now on . . . "Bugs-B-Ware" will be in charge of the lawn.
Around the house...
The kitchen window awnings still need to be washed and the shed could use a paint job.
I am pondering...
a change in my lifestyle.  Every morning around 7:30, Doris, who is 94, walks by my house with her little Chihuahua puppy named Maggie running alongside her.  Every morning, Ann is in the pool doing her morning exercises following knee surgery.  I, on the other hand, didn't wake up until 7 a.m. & am sitting at the computer at 7:30 watching the world go by.  I think it's time for a change.
A favorite quote for today...  
"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty -- they merely move it from their faces into their hearts." Martin Buxbaum
One of my favorite things...
a good book. Try this one on for size.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
playing cards this evening (hooray! can you hear me cheering?), Shuffle and card Bingo on Wednesday and a B12 shot at the Doc's office on Thursday. Boring . . .
Join us @ The Simple Womans Daybook by clicking  HERE

7 comments:

  1. Hi Marge!

    So glad that you are feeling better... :0)

    I feel like I need a change of pace too - I didn't get up this morning until after 8:00!! I would love to be one of those people who loved to get up at the crack of dawn . . . but alas . . . I'm not!! Let us know your plan for change?!

    Love your quote!! My sweet neighbor is 96, and this really could have been written just for her!!

    Have fun playing Hand and Foot!!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge! Not sure I know what cinch bugs are but I hope the pros get rid of them. We have termites in California and we have a yearly inspection for them. Look forward to hearing what your new daily plan might be...walking a dog is always a good way to start the day. Do they offer anything like pool aerobics in your community? Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are still up early ;) Cards sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your answers!! I wish I read more. I did read Heaven is for Real this summer. It is a good book. Have a nice week. ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed reading your day book Please drop by my place online http://www.castawaysofyesterday.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marge, I'm guilty of getting up early and sitting in front of the computer instead of going for a walk like I use to when I had Jack. Enjoy the card game. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marge;

    Loved reading your SWD. I guess most of us are guilty of hitting the keyboard when awakening. Hope your Hand & Foot game was a lot of fun. You can never forget how to play. I go months & months without playing and the minute I sit down to play, it all comes back. ;-}
    I'm off to check out some of the books you recommend. Have a lovely day ahead my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete