Monday, July 23, 2012

If It's Monday . . .


FOR TODAY:  it's My Simple Womans Daybook Day
Outside my window...   
It's a sun/rain kinda day.  What I mean is that one minute the sun is shining and the next minute it's raining. Schizophrenic weather day.
I am thinking...
about my granddaughter, Amanda, on vacation in NYC for the very first time. The farthest East she's ever been is Ohio.  There she is eating sushi, her favorite food in the whole wide world. Have fun, sweetie girl!
I am thankful...
for every itty-bitty blessing I receive.
In the kitchen...
I made Italian sausage with green peppers & onions yesterday and it was dee-lish so I'll be having that again today.
I am wearing...
blue plaid bermudas and a white top.  Barefoot as usual
I am creating...
my Christmas in July gift list.  The last 2 years, I chose William Sonoma breakfast bakery but this year I'm looking for some new ideas like  My Grandma's Coffee Cake  and/or Georgetown Cupcake.  I'm sure I'll find a few more ideas before I actually have to order but it's nice to have some lined up.  If you have any good ones, I'd love to hear from you.
I am going...
to Joyce's for peach pie and coffee this afternoon.  I picked up some gorgeous peaches at WalMart yesterday and Annie took 5 of them to make a pie.  OMG! Her pies are just the best.  I hope I remember to take my camera and to take a pix.
I am reading...
"Heart of the Matter" by Emily Giffin. I have "Handyman" by Linda Nichols and "Safe Hideaway" by Nicholas Sparks on request.
I am looking forward to...
Sunday, August 4th.  Our birthday celebration at Disney's Cape May.  We usually go one day the week between 7/21 and 7/27 but this year Cape May is closed for renovation so our usual celebration will be delayed a few weeks.
I am learning
that every time I think I know something I find out I really don't. Not prepared to offer any examples. Sorry.
Around the house...
the kitchen window awnings are finally washed and sparkly clean and sprayed with Raid so the buggies don't come back. Hooray!!!!!!! Can you hear me cheering?
I am pondering...
The Aurora Massacre.  Why do bad things happen to good people? How many more will die?  When will the NRA realize they need to change?  How do the parents of the shooter feel? It goes on & on . . .
A favorite quote for today... by Godspell
Oh Dear Lord
Three things I pray
To see thee more clearly
Love thee more dearly
Follow thee more nearly
Day by day          Click on the link to listen   Day By Day
 One of my favorite things...
are looking at pictures of my family.
A peek into my day...
Here's my daughter, Sue with her grandson Caden (my great-grand).  Aren't they just the sweetest?
A few plans for the rest of the week:
A quick clean of the house for today, Bunco at the Shriner's tomorrow, Shuffle and cardBingo on Wednesday and . . . I think that ends the planned stuff.
Join us @ The Simple Womans Daybook by clicking   HERE

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marge!! Oh I hope Amanda has a great time!! She looks like she is having fun in that picture.
    I hate everything about what happened in Colorado. It is so sad.
    Have a nice week. ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, Great pictures of Amanda and Sue with your great grand child. Wish we could be there for your birthday celebration. I'll bet you're glad you got your awnings cleaned and sprayed, now you can relax for a while. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete