Monday, August 20, 2012

If It's Monday . . .


FOR TODAY:  It's My Simple Womans Daybook Day.
Outside my window... the sun is shining and it's time for me to go to the pool and finish this & visit when I get back.

I am thinking...  that I probably spent too much time at the pool today.  My skin is feeling sorta tingly.

I am thankful... for life and the wisdom to live it to the fullest.

In the kitchen... I baked banana bread (a box mix) on Saturday and am planning on a pineapple upside cake today but the pool got in the way. Maybe tomorrow.  Oh no. I'm going to the movies tomorrow. Just forget it

I am wearing... Aren't you proud of me for not being in my pajamas toady?  It's plaid shorts and a yellow tee top and barefoot.

I am creating... a web page at WordPress for the park I lived in in Ohio.  Going back over all those pages that I saved is bringing back some tearful memories.

I am going... skip Joyce's today.  I've been pretty good about going every day but today I need a little nap.

I am wondering... if the rain that's pouring down on us is going to end soon.  Dahli hates storms

I am reading... "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks.  I have "Moon Shell Beach" and "Summerland" in the cue.

I am hoping... that all of you enjoy "Hope Springs" as much as I did.  Meryl Streep is fabulous and so was Tommy Lee Jones.

I am looking forward to... going to the movies tomorrow with the "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" group.  We're gonna see Disney's new "The Odd Life of Timothy Green".  Looks good.  I'll let you know what I think.

I am learning ... that today really is a gift.  That's why we call it the 'present'.

Around the house... needs a little cleaning but things are basically pretty neat.

A favorite quote for today...  "May your troubles be less, may your blessings be more, and
may nothing but happiness come through your door."  Rosemary Eastes

A few plans for the rest of the week:  the movie tomorrow, shuffle and cardBingo on Wednesday,  Vitamin B12 shot on Thursday, the The Lake Placid Caladium Festival on Friday and a fish fry here in the park on Saturday.  Should be a fun week.

One of my favorite things... going to the movies.

A peek into my day...
Join us @ The Simple Womans Daybook by clicking HERE

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marge, will be back later..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you the Caladium Festival...we planted some from bulbs this year and they did much better than buying the plants...I plan to save them and maybe add a different color next year to contrast.
    We haven't seen that movie yet. Maybe we will wait until it is at the $1 theater.
    You sound like you lead a fun life.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge- cute name for your group! It's so nice that you keep so busy with things. I never understand people who say they are bored... I'm sure you're like me and feel there are never enough hours in a day! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marge, I see you got your Vitamin D for today, that's a good thing. The only way I will I can get to see that movie is if I go alone, I think I may do that on Friday. No zucchini today, we are working on the tomatoes today. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just peaking in here to say hi. Would love to get together with you when it's cooler. Of course, I'm watching Isaac out in the Caribbean. If it stays on its predicted course, it will be just about parallel to our area Tues. Such an exciting life here in Florida! Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marge, how's your week going so far? It's cloudy, calm, and very warm here today. The other day was extremely humid, right into late night; was realllly weird-feeling. We do have humid days here, but that day was exceptionally humid; was kind of eerie. Did get a thunderstorm that night and I was all excited to try and get some lightning pics, but it fizzled shortly after it started lol. Have a great weekend ahead! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete