Monday, August 27, 2012

If It's Monday . . .


FOR TODAY:  It's My Simple Womans Daybook Day
Outside my window...  cloudy, windy, rain . . . Tropical Storm Isaac is here.

I am thinking...

I am thankful...   that the storm is not a 'wind event' for us.  Hopefully the high winds won't be a problem for the remainder of the State.

In the kitchen...  Perdue's boneless, skinless chicken breasts are defrosting and I'll be making the "The World's Best Chicken" for today's dinner.


The World’s Best Chicken
Serves 4

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Salt & Pepper
Rosemary

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together mustard, syrup, and vinegar. Place chicken breasts into 9×13 baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.

Pour mustard mixture over chicken. No need to marinate. I love that because I hate marinating/often forget to until it’s too late.

Bake for 40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees. Season with rosemary. Prepare for people to ask you to make it again!


I am wearing...   still in my pj's.  No hurry to get dressed today.

I am creating...  a new list of September activities for those of us here in the Village.

I am going...  the farm on Thursday.  Planning for some shopping days with Dick

I am reading...  I finished "The Choice" by Nicholas Sparks and started "Moon Shell Beach" by Nancy Thayer

I am looking forward to... a Fall getaway.  Destination: a secret.

I am learning... how to grow Caladiums

Around the house...  the awnings are down to protect the windows from flying debris and that makes it really dark in here.  Hope the get raised today.

I am pondering...   what to do with my hair.  It's no longer the thick & easy to care for. For some reason, it's falling out in droves and the hair dresser says it's normal for hair loss to occur. Hmmm?

A favorite quote for today...  "They tell you that you'll lose your mind when you grow older. What they don't tell you is that you won't miss it."  Malcolm Cowley 1898-1989

 One of my favorite things...  are Festivals.  We went to The Caladium Festival in Lake Placid on Friday and had a great time.  I got a potted caladium and now I've got to learn how to care for it.  I also found a darling bird feeder that I couldn't resist.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  get awnings raised today,  Bunco at Shriner's on Tuesday,  shuffle and cardBingo on Wednesday, leave for the farm on Thursday. Another fun week.

A peek into my day...
My beautiful caladium

Darling little bird feeder

Join us @ The Simple Womans Daybook by clicking HERE

9 comments:

  1. Happy Monday Marge;
    I've been thinking about you and am happy to read Isaac didn't do any damage to you and your area.
    Love the photos of your caladium and adorable bird feeder. It's true what your hair dresser says about hair loss. I cringe every time I look at my brush. No fun getting into our age category.
    Great chicken recipe. Save some for me. ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge. Glad things are okay there. Pretty much a non event here too - rain and some wind but not bad. We certainly dodged the bullet. My hair has gotten thinner too. My mom's is too but my grandmother had very thick hair right up to the day she died.
    The chicken recipe sounds wonderful!
    I opened up my blog again only for the SWDB. http://newcreationcottage.blogspot.com
    Have a good Monday. Enjoy your time on the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken recipe sounds great! I'm going to have to try that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! That sounds easy and delicious! Are you on the east coast of Florida... away from Tampa? I am worried about Joan in New Orleans... they don't need all the rain associated with Isaac even if they don't get a direct hit. Looks like it's heading that way now. What a pretty bird feeder- looks like crystal! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marge, I've been watching Isaac and I'm glad it steered away from you. I like the chicken recipe, 6 ingredients, I'll get some nice fresh chicken breasts and I'll be set. Did you change your fall destination? Give Dick my best. *hugs*
    P.S. Love the Caladium and the bird feeder is a classic, I have a crystal bowl like the one used for the bird feeder, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marge!

    So glad to hear that you are okay, and that you did not have anything bad happen because of Isaac! Hopefully things will get back to normal for all of my sweet friends in Florida and in the Gulf Coast!

    Love that chicken recipe!!

    My hair is always a dilemma for me - I never know what to do with it! Hope you find the perfect style!

    Your caladium is just beautiful, so is the cute little bird feeder!

    Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marge! Stopping by to wish you a Happy Labor Day weekend! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marge,
    Just dropping by to leave a (((hug))) and say "hi". Your chicken recipe sounds delicious, I might just have to give it a try. I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marge! Just stopping by to say hi and wish you well. I think your recipe sounds very yummy! I am glad to hear that you all are well down there any nothing bad happened. Have a great Labor Day weekend! Huggles

    ReplyDelete