Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall into Reading 2012


The first day of Autumn brings the beginning of "Fall into Reading 2012", hosted by Katrina @ Callipidder Days.

It’s a simple, low pressure event that runs during the fall season (September 22nd-December 21st) and works something like this.  Make a list of books you’d like to read and post your list at the beginning.  Read your books; change your list as you like.  No required list or number of books.  Post your progress at the end.   The basics and how to sign up are here.

My goal is to read at least five books during the fall season, pulling from this list to start.
*  The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce
*  The Unfinished Gift by Dan Walsh
*  When You Come Home by Nancy Cavin Pitts
*  Homestead by Jane Kirkpatrick
*  Merry's Christmas by Susan Rohrer
*  Behind Closed Doors by Jane Steen
*  Hotel On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
*  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

This list is subject to change since I keep finding more & more "gotta reads".  If this sounds good to you, I hope you'll join us by clicking on the links above.

Enjoy the first day of autumn and Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Marge, I will have to check out that site. Sounds interesting. Did you enjoy your vacation? I just updated my blog to fall and have been working on my website. I got Melanie interested and she is thinking of bringing hers back. There is just something about making webpages. You do it at your own pace they way you want. Not like the FV games that drive you insane. Have a great weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Guernsey a couple years back and really enjoyed it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge!

    Sounds like fun! I will have to check and see if my library has those books available!

    Oh, I wish you would have had my number when you were here in the western part of the country!! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay - and yes, it is beautiful here!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might enjoy Major Pettigrew's Last Stand if you haven't read it yet. I really liked Hotel on the Corner... and Guernsey. Looks like you have some great reading lined up for this fall! Thanks for being part of FIR '12!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society a couple years ago and it's still one of my favorites in recent years. Good luck with your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. I've heard it's really good! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is fabulous! You should definitely get to it. Additionally, it is easy and quick reading. I agree with Katrina; Major Pettigrew's Last Stand is also worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, I'm dying to get my hands on a copy of HAROLD FRY - but we're moving soon and I already have too many books to shift, so I'm going to wait for the paperback! :(

    You have some wonderful books on your list - Happy Fall reading!

    Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl
    My Fall into Reading Challenge 2012

    ReplyDelete