Tuesday, September 25, 2012

If It's Monday . . .


FOR TODAY:  It's My Simple Womans Daybook Day
Outside my window...  another overcast day with the feeling of Fall in the air.

I am thinking...  about the wonderful 4 days we had with our Kalifornia Kids.

I am thankful...  that we made the trip and had such a wonderful time with our children.

In the kitchen...  the cupboards are a little less bare since I went shopping yesterday.

I am wearing...  jean capri's, yellow tee and barefoot

I am creating...  an album of our California trip on Flickr.

I am going...  to bunco at the Shriner's today.

I am reading...  I finished 44 Charles Street by Danielle Steele and started "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry" by Rachel Joyce.

I am hoping...   that my hand gets better today.  Some kind of flying insect bit my left hand yesterday.  It's totally swollen and  looks awful.

I am looking forward to... all the new TV shows starting this week.  Dancing With The Stars started yesterday.

Around the house... catching up on some stuff that wasn't done over the summer.

A favorite quote for today...  "A statesman is a man that can do what the politician would like to do but can’t, because he is afraid of not being elected." – July 5, 1934   Will Rogers

 One of my favorite things...  Glade Candles.  Every bit as good as Yankee Candle Company   and at a much better price.

A few plans for the rest of the week: bunco today, shuffle and card Bingo on Wednesday, & the Apple Festival at the Palms on Thursday.

A peek into my day... Caden & I got to hug some characters at Disneyland on Monday.
Join us @ The Simple Womans Daybook by clicking HERE

7 comments:

  1. Love that quote! Visiting from The Simple Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge!

    I'll bet you are happy to be safely home! I love to take vacations . . . but I also love to be home!

    I watched Dancing with the Stars last night - it was really good! I think it will be an exciting season!

    I can't get enough of scented candles, especially in the fall, thanks for the tip!

    You look wonderful giving Goofy and Pluto hugs - what a cute little Caden - love those shades!

    We played, Hand and Foot for hours on our camping trip!! Have a fun time!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time on your trip and the air travel went well...
    I would love to go to an apple festival....we managed to do that in Michigan one year when we were there on business....Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a great time on your trip!!
    I used to read Steele books as soon as they were published, but haven't read one in a while. I'll have to check into 44 Charles Street.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marge! Glad you enjoyed your visit in California! You did well to brave the hot temps we had at Disneyland! Love the photo! Don't forget Survivor tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marge, I live about 30 minutes from Disneyland. I am glad you had a nice time. Back in time for all the tv shows to watch.
    Hope your hand feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marge;

    Didn't realize you were back from your trip yet, and it looks like you had a wonderful time. Love the photo with Caden, Goofy & Pluto. I'm so glad the new season started for all my favorite shows as I haven't been watching TV most of the summer. I don't watch DWTS and haven't for the past 3-4 seasons. Enjoyed reading your SWD post. Have a lovely day ahead my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete