Monday, October 15, 2012

If It's Monday . . .


FOR TODAY: It's My Simple Womans Daybook Day!
Outside my window... a beautiful sunny Florida day.

I am thinking... the day went way too fast today.  Guess that's because I took Ginny to the cardiologist this morning.

I am thankful...  that my friend Ginny's stress test went well today

In the kitchen...  Nothing much planned so perhaps we'll have Stouffer's come and fix something.

I am wearing...  white jeans and a purple paisley top

I am going...  take a break from the entry & go to Joyce's for coffee

I am reading...  Put "The Jane Austen Book Club" on hold this week so I could read "Heaven is for REAL" by Todd Burpo.  It's a little boy's astounding story of his trip to heaven and back.

A favorite quote for today...  "Life moves on, things change, we change, time moves faster, we move slower, we may eat less but still gain weight and try to smile, rain or shine! " Millie Garfield

One of my favorite things... mini-series

Encore is doing mini-series each week.  They may have been doing this all along but it's new to me and I truly enjoyed the one that ended on Saturday evening.  It's called Titanic: Blood & Steel.  Here's a small summary of the 12 part mini-series.  I think the new mini is Gulliver's Travels this week.
 The series follows the lives of the people who made the Titanic: from the workers who built it to the rich financiers. Dr. Mark Muir, an American Engineer - metallurgist and former Irish immigrant, convinces American tycoon J.P. Morgan to hire him for the biggest shipping project in the world, the construction of the RMS Titanic at Belfast's Harland and Wolff shipyard. 
While working there, Mark falls in love with Sofia Silvestri, an Italian immigrant. However, during the construction of the Titanic, tensions rise between the lower-class Catholic and the rich Protestant Elite. More setbacks stall the construction: Harland and Wolff wanting to save costs and use cheaper materials, the workers wish to form a Union, the women suffrage movement in the UK, and the battle between pro-Ireland and pro-Unionist groups. Mark attempts to deal with it while trying to escape his past.
Join us by clicking HERE

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting mini-series. Hope you enjoyed your coffee :)
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, whenever I hear mini-series, I think of ROOTS,
    with Levar Burton. I think they should bring that back again. I am reading a book on my Kindle, but I like the feel of a book in my hands. I got a few books from my dad's house this weekend that I hope to read. Have a great week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge;

    Had a bad past week and feeling better today I posted and am catching up on my blog visits. I haven't heard of either of the series you mentioned. Are they on TV or online? Both sound like something I would like. Enjoyed your SWD entry. Have a great day ahead my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your friend's stress test went well. Just got back from a few days in Tennessee. The fall colors were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does that Titanic say Chris Noth? From Sex and the City? Doesn't look at all like him... must've been so young then! White jeans... you're slender enough to pull that off! ;) Enjoy your Friday and weekend ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marge, thanks for the visit. I would love to have your all of your Peachie kids and RW. I have 3 of your RW Peach Street and 1 Living Little. I am really enjoy ing my blog again. My site map list what I collect. I have not listed the Others like Julie BEars, but I plan to bring that back too. Hugs and blessings. Time to take a bath and read a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was really happy to arrive this site.I needed to thank you for this fantastic article
    Online High School Diploma
    you can follow my blog here http://www.sandford-highschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete