Monday, October 22, 2012

If It's Monday . . .


It's Simple Womans Daybook Day
Outside my window... A chilly morning here.  It's down to the 60's. Mr. Sun is peeking over the trees and should be shining in my windows shortly. In the 80's this afternoon.

I am thinking...  that I should be watching GMA right now.  Taylor Swift is taking over Times Square pushing her latest album called "Red".  She's not only a cutey but sooooooooooo talented.

I am thankful...  for my golf cart.  It's sitting right outside my window on the charger.  Without the golf cart, trying to get around would be a real problem. Here's what it looked like when it was brand new.  It's a little beat on now.
In the kitchen... cereal and a banana for breakfast.  Working on a hot cup of coffee right now.

I am wearing... pajamas and sweatshirt

I am going... to wash down another section of the house today.  Bob Noyse usually washes the house for me but this year he ran into a problem with his power washer so I'm doing a section of a time by myself. Ugh!

I am reading... I finished "The Jane Austen Book Club".  Slow and tedious at times so I probably would not recommend it.  Over the w/e, I read "The Walk to Grace" by Richard Evans.  A quick read and a lovely story.  Started "Courting Emma Howe" by Margaret Robinson.

I am looking forward to... Halloween.

I am pondering...  "Plutocrats" by Chrystia Freeland.  I watched Bill Moyer & Company and his guests talked about the wealthy .01%.  Interesting stuff.

A favorite quote for today...  ”An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.” - M.K. Gandhi

 One of my favorite things... PBS.  My latest favorite is "Call the MidWife".  Really good!

A few plans for the rest of the week: tomorrow is Bunco, Wednesday is cardBingo and Shuffle has been changed to Thursday this week.  That leaves Friday open for some FUN like lunch and a movie, huh?

Join us @ The Simple Womans Daybook by clicking HERE.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Monday Marge;

    It's partly cloudy and 44 degrees right now but supposedly will reach 66 and rain. Hard to believe with the sun coming out.

    How I would love to be able to have a cart to ride around into the village with. This area is not made for them as it's a real hill type boondocks area as you can see from my photos and the village is 2 miles downhill from me.

    I only have about 4 books on my list to read and the newest one "What The Cat Saw" will be the last. I'm glad it got me back into reading again.

    Love the quote. I DVR'd Upstairs Downstairs last night and will watch it this afternoon.

    Have a lovely day ahead my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, I actually did my SWDaybook too. and changed the graphics at GOF. Can you please send me the Peachies. I did get 4 from you but no certificates. Have a great day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving the cooler weather right now! I understand we may get some wind and rain from TS Sandy out in the Atlantic but I sure don't expect much. Those golf carts are wonderful to have and perfect for you.
    Would love to get together with you sometime! Miss our visits together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marge! I heard that about that book- our friend Liz is a librarian so she reads lots of books... plus she's British so was hoping it would be a great read. I like your golf cart! We have friends who live in a golf cart community. (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete