Monday, October 8, 2012

If It's Monday . . .


FOR TODAY:  It's My Simple Womans Daybook Day
Outside my window...  a dreary start of the day here in Sebring FL.  I'm looking at the same palm tree as last week and it still needs to be pruned.  I'm sitting here wondering why we call cutting off the dead stuff - pruning.  To me a prune is a dried up plum.  If you can explain how we got pruning from prune, please let me know.  Until then it will remain today's mystery! hehe!

I am thinking...  that little by little I'll get this entry done today.

I am thankful...  that the snowbirds are beginning to return.  It feels like the Village is waking up after a long summer nap.

In the kitchen...  Mrs. T's potato and cheese pierogi's for dinner tonight.

I am wearing...  white shorts, blue tee shirt and footies

I am going...  to the October potluck tomorrow evening here in the Village.  I'll call Card Bingo after dinner so no card Bingo on Wednesday this week.

I am reading...  "The Jane Austen Book Club" by Karen Joy Fowler.
So happy to have Claudia and Toni join me at this new activity.
I am looking forward to... the Vice Presidential debate on Thursday.  Tomorrow I'll be watching Frontline PBS at 9pm.

Around the house...  hope to get more done in the garden today.

A favorite quote for today...  “All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.” - Walt Disney

 One of my favorite things...  gardening

A peek into my day...  I'll be adding this new little statue of St. Francis to my garden today.


A few plans for the rest of the week: potluck and cardBingo on Tuesday,  Chicago Fire TV show Wednesday @ 10,  Dahli goes for her flu shot on Thursday and I'll do some shopping at Home Depot on Friday

Join us @ The Simple Womans Daybook by clicking  HERE

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your SWD. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Wednesday Marge;

    It's been dreary here the past few days and cold. The trees are turning color early this year and I'm looking forward to my leaf peeking drive on Friday with my sister. Hoping to pick up a few Fall goodies.

    Enjoyed your SWD entry. I've moved my FIR2012 on a page of its own and updated my list. I've read 3 books so far and by the weekend I'll start #4. I'm glad I got back to reading again.

    Have a lovely day ahead. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the birthday wishes, Marge! We did enjoy Argo. It was well-done and very suspenseful...even more so knowing it was based on a true event. Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marge;

    Had to answer your comment on my site ;-} I don't get Encore. Now I know why I haven't heard of the Titanic show. I too watch all the Masterpiece Classics on PBS. The Downton Abbey series 3 starts in January. Have a great day ahead. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was really happy to arrive this site.I needed to thank you for this fantastic article
    you can follow my blog here http://www.sandford-highschool.blogspot.com
    Online High School Diploma

    ReplyDelete