Friday, October 5, 2012

Update . . . Fall Into Reading 2012

 "Fall into Reading 2012", hosted by Katrina @ Callipidder Days.

It’s a simple, low pressure event that runs during the fall season (September 22nd-December 21st) and works something like this.  Make a list of books you’d like to read and post your list at the beginning.  Read your books; change your list as you like.  No required list or number of books.  Post your progress at the end.   The basics and how to sign up are here.

My goal is to read at least five books during the fall season, pulling from this list to start.
*  The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce (done)
* The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler (reading)

*  The Unfinished Gift by Dan Walsh
*  When You Come Home by Nancy Cavin Pitts
*  Homestead by Jane Kirkpatrick
*  Merry's Christmas by Susan Rohrer
*  Behind Closed Doors by Jane Steen
*  Hotel On the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford

This list is subject to change since I keep finding more & more "gotta reads".  If this sounds good to you, I hope you'll join us by clicking on the links above.

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marge, I've been MIA. I don't know why just did not feel like writing anything. I love your new baker's rack and you found the perfect place for it. Did you like "The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry"? I really like it. I will join in on the "Fall into Reading" fun, I like that, no pressure. Starting to think of FL, will be getting ready for our trek soon. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge;

    Thanks to you and Claudia, I too joined the FIR 2012 club too. My list and blog post will be online for my Sunday & Monday Post. Hopefully this will get me back into reading again. Have a great weekend and Columbus Day. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge! Definitely sounds like a no-pressure book club. I belonged to an online one in the past but we all read the same books and then wrote about them. It was fun and I read some books that I probably wouldn't have selected on my own. Kinda like Oprah's book club. Enjoy the week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete