Friday, January 4, 2013

Movie Day

We've been hearing about and talking about "Lincoln" for some time now and guess what?  It's finally come to one of our theaters, so it was off the movies for a group of us today.  If you've already seen it then you already know what a great film it is and if you haven't seen it then you have something to look forward to.

Next on the list is Les Miserables.  Although I've never seen it on stage, I've seen it numerous times  on PBS and the cast and music never cease to amaze me.  Darylynn has already told us it's a tear jerker and to take plenty of tissues so afterwards I'll be needing to see a Comedy.  We saw the trailer for 

Parental Guidance starring Billy Crystal and Beth Middler.  Can't think of 2 actors more than capable of tickling just about anyone's funny bone.  

The cover for my Kindle came today and I gotta say 'I love it'.  It's every bit as nice as I thought it would be.  Right now I'm reading "Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen and loving it.  Just got done listening to "God is Great, beer is good and people are crazy" by Billy Carrington.  I love that song. It's HERE if you wanna listen. 

3 comments:

  1. Happy 2013, Marge! Those are some awesome movies. I haven't yet seen Lincoln, but I'm really curious about it. I totally agree with you about dreams being more important than resolutions. Dreams and hope; so important and quite vital! How is 'Dad' doing, Marge? He's been in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you a lovely weekend of coziness and good Kindle reading :) ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard that Les Miserables is outstanding. I've not seen the complete stage production either except bits and pieces on PBS. I first learned about it when Susan Doyle made "I Dreamed a Dream". I've not seen "Lincoln" either. I did see "The Hobbit" though.
    Glad you are enjoying your Kindle. I may break down and get one. We have to get together soon. I'll email you and see what we can work out. Also, would love to help you with your blog design. We'll talk about that too. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel Day Lewis should win the Oscar for Lincoln. A critic complained there was too much singing in Les Miz! LOL! Hello? We also saw The Impossible which was very well done and realistic! Glad you're enjoying your Kindle. Both Jessica and Jeff are,too, and the boys have apps on it that they love. (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete