Monday, March 11, 2013

A Rosie Day!!

A few days ago, I got a message from Rose Carpenter telling me that she was in my neck of the woods.  OMG! I was thrilled to hear the news and asked if we could get together for lunch.  Well today was the lucky day.  Rose and her hubby, Clyde drove to Sebring and we had lunch at The Garden Cafe.  Clyde took this picture of us.

Rose is the 3rd of my long time internet friends that I've had the joy to meet in person.  Melanie Cook and Claudia Macchione were #1 and 2.  Nothing can be sweeter than meeting internet friends in person.  We talked and Clyde patiently waited while we gabbed.  He has got to be the most patient fella I've ever met.  It truly was a Rosie day for me.  Loved every minute. Thanks for the visit Rose & Clyde.



Yesterday was the annual 50th Anniversary Party here in the Village.  We had 2 couples celebrating 50 years of marriage and 3 couples celebrating 70 years of marriage.  Unbelievable.  All the couples are happy & healthy and high functioning.  No wheel chairs or walkers in this group.  We enjoyed hearing about their lives & laughing at their funny stories. A truly enjoyable evening!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marge, how nice that you got to have lunch with Rose. I have met Darylynn, Dru, Judy, Tammy, Denise, and Sue from Canada, and a few more. All long time "country graphic friends. I hope you can meet up with Melanie again and share a pic. That is really cool about the long term marriages and good health of your friends. Florida must be the place to live. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge;

    How wonderful to meet internet friends! I've met 3 myself (Darylynn, Dru and Connie). It was a blessing to meet them.

    I know I haven’t been around much this week but it’s my sisters and nieces (2 of each) faults as the are bent on taking me out of my apt. every day for one reason or another. I’m visiting before they come and get me to go see “Oz” and hanging out after. I think Thursday is the only day I’ll be home. I didn’t post today but will tomorrow hopefully. Have a great day ahead. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge, Glad to hear that you had a nice visit with Rose. It is truly wonderful to meet online friends. Tomorrow we will be on the road again, hopefully we will be return again next winter. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marge! Glad you and Rose got to meet! I've been trying to talk her into writing a travel blog since they are on the go so often! I see Toni mentioning meeting me... I've also met in addition to Toni, Dru and Susan Pedroza. I've met a few others but they aren't around anymore. Do you remember Kaye of Kaye's Cozy Cottage? She was one. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete