Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy 12th Birthday Dahli

It's actually hard to believe that my dear sweet Dahli is 12 years old today.  She has been my constant companion since the day we met and I have enjoyed every single minute.

Here's a little bit about Dahli.

I was born on April 5th, 2001.  I belong to the breed called "Lhasa Apso".  My breed originated in Tibet.  It's the place where the Dalai Lama lives!!  My job is to guard the inside of the palace & they often call me the 'lion dog'.  Isn't that funny?  I don't look or feel like a lion but because I'm a pretty fierce protector that's what they call me.

I was adopted by Gramz on July 11th and quickly adjusted to my new home in Olmsted Falls OH.  I am fiercely loyal and extremely well behaved.  I am an excellent traveler and go with Gramz just about everywhere except for Mass, of course.  I meet and greet all our visitors & they all think I'm pretty cute.  I just love when Gramz grandkids come to visit.  They are so fun to play with.

My favorite toy is my soft pink ball. Gramz throws it and I get it and when I return the ball to her she gives me a treat.  Yummy!!  I also like my stuffed toys.  Gramz and I play tug-of-war.  The only problem is: Gramz always wins. Oh well, that's what it means when they say 'it's a dogs life'.

My special little message to Dahli.


Dear Dahli,
* When I say move, it means go somewhere else not switch positions.
* The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food.
* The other dishes are mine and contain my food.
* The stairs are not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me does not help because I fall faster than you can run.
* I cannot buy anything larger than a queen size bed. I am sorry about this. Do not think I will not continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort.
* For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle, I should happen to beat you in there and shut the door, it is not necessary to scratch, whine or stick your paw under the door.  I have been using bathrooms for years and a canine presence is not necessary.

It will be a fun day here today.  Dahli will go to doggy hour at Joyce's and we will celebrate her birthday with all her puppy friends.  Sounds like fun, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment