Tuesday, April 2, 2013

#2 Bernie


This is #2 of 10  Netflix movies in my queue.  AARP ranks  "Bernie" as "BEST COMEDY".

AARP SUMMARY:  "Bernie (Jack Black) is a small-town funeral director who moves in with the domineering local matriarch (Shirley MacLaine), then kills her accidentally on purpose and hides her body in a freezer.  The stars are wildly appealing and the directors spings one gleeful surprise after another."

Cast: Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, Matthew McConaughey, Brady Coleman, Richard Robichaux, Rick Dial, Brandon Smith, Larry Jack Dotson, Merrilee McCommas, Matthew Greer

Director:Richard Linklater

You will either love this movie or hate it.  It is different in that the Director uses a combination of techniques where you have the actual townsfolk narrating  their opinions about Bernie along with Bernie's acting scenes demonstrating why the townsfolk feel as they do.  So whether this movie appeals to you, or not, it is worth viewing.  I gave it 3 Stars.

Coming next:  "Flight"

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marge! We watch a lot of movies...we used to have Netflix but now we use Redbox. We have convenient locations and BluRays are only @ $1.60 and I get a lot of discount codes sent to my phone. We saw Bernie and also Flight. Have a good rest of the week and enjoy Survivor! ((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Marge! Nice to meet you. I have read your comments on other blogs so it's about time I say hello.
    I enjoy movie reviews and I will have to see Bernie as it sounds interesting. I always liked Shirley MacLaine too.
    The school in my post is Ohio University in Athens.
    I miss Athens as it was a nice sleepy little town. I had good times there, but I was not born in Ohio, just school there. Love Ohio, however and have special memories of it.
    Have a great day Marge!

    ReplyDelete