Friday, May 31, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is my Mom's birthday.  She would have been 102.  She's 86 in this picture.  She was the sweetest kindest lady you could ever imagine.  I still miss her vert y much.

Matt got here around 1:30 yesterday.  We had lunch, took a nap and then got ready for game night at the Community Hall.  We played STIX and 5 Crowns.  He said he really enjoyed himself.  I'm glad cause we sure enjoyed having him.  He left for the farm this morning and I'll follow tomorrow.  Looking forward to one of Matt's famous fish fries.



There's this big beautiful Sycamore tree that lives in the yard of my neighbori across the street.  I love that tree.  She gives me tons of shade in the morning & well into the afternoon.  She has huge leaves which are a pain to clean every Fall but I pick them up w/o complaining because I know that every tree no matter what kind or size is worth it's weight in gold.

Sad news yesterday straight from the mouth of the owner.   Big beautiful tree is coming down.  Her roots are lifting up the sidewalk and house pad and she's home to too many ants.  The only solution they can reach is: cut her  down.  I will cry when it happens and I will miss her very much.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marge, your mom shares a birthday with my brother and his son. We have a huge tree in our front yard that has roots growing everywhere too. We love the tree for the shade in the summer and the beautiful colors in the fall. We will miss it when we move. We plan to sell our house in the near future. I want a larger backyard with fruit trees and a single story house. I don't need a bigger house. We will see what the Lord will bring us. Have a nice weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, Lovely picture of your Mom, I know you miss her, I miss my Mom too. Too bad about the tree. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete