Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Caladium Country

In my little corner of the world, caladiums are very popular and can usually be seen in every yard that has a little bit of shade.  They are quite beautiful so I thought I would share some pictures of them with you.





The first 2 pictures are from Tyner's yard.  The 3rd one is Ginny's and the last photo was from a open site in the RV park.

Every July (the last week-end), a festival is held in Lake Placid, Florida, home to a majority of the world's caladium fields. A popular activity is a tour of the fields of caladiums, the product of local growers.

Every July since 2003, Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida, has presented the Florida Caladium Showcase, the largest indoor and outdoor display of the plants, including new varieties.

Beautiful, aren't they?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marge;

    Love the photos of the caladiums. I love their heart shape two tone leaves. Sometime leaves are prettier than flowers. If I'm not mistaken I used to have smaller version house plants years ago.
    Have a great day ahead. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and I saw a large bed of these when we were at the Disney resort and now I know what they are! They were lovely.
    Hope to get to see you soon. Still trying to work out logistics.
    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome plant. Wish I could have gone to Gaylord's to see the show!

    ReplyDelete