Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Dad's Day

Happy Dad's Day to my dear dad.  Officially, his name was Michael but he was more confortable with the nickname of  Mike.    In his early adulthood, he worked for the Erie Railroad but lost his job during the Depression.  Nevertheless, he loved the Railroad & wore the railroad cap for most of his life.  He retired from  Fisher Body, a Division of General Motors in the 70's.  We lost him to a cerebral aneurism in 1982.  I love you Dad.  I miss you Dad.
My Dad with my son, Andy, snuggled up to him in the early 60's.  Wonderful memories!!

4 comments:

  1. How cute about your dad and his cap! We had Engineer Bill on TV when I was a child hosting cartoon shows. He played a game called "Red Light, Green Light" to get kids to drink their milk. Not sure if he was just a local So Cal guy or if he was national. I had just visited you when I saw your new post pop up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, Nice Picture, Andy looks so cute! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great memories of your dad!! Have a nice week Marge!! ((BIG HUGS))!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful memories. Thank God for photographs that open a window to the past for us.
    Happy Tuesday Marge!

    ReplyDelete