Thursday, July 25, 2013

Homosassa Springs

We had a delightful time in Homosassa Springs.  What made it really special for me was that I got to meet  Michelle's mom, Mary.  A delightful lady who's the same age as myself so we had lots in common and tons to talk about.  This is Mary who lives in Floral City. So happy to have a new friend.
Little did I know that the was a special island in the middle of the Homosassa River.  It's called Monkey Island.  You can see all about it by clicking HERE.

Another interesting place was the  Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park.

I guess you can tell I had a really good time & Andy had a great 54th birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marge!
    Cleveland was terrific and Michael and Shawn really enjoyed the zoo (it surprised them at how large it was!). Glad that you got to meet a new friend and I think that Monkey Island looks neat with all of the monkeys in the photos. :) I also had to lol at Andy in that Angry Birds hat too!

    Have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge!

    I can tell you are having fun by the big smile on your face - what a wonderful photo!! I'm not sure about the monkeys...but I love historical sites! So glad you had fun!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Marge! Have a great week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does Monkey Island still have monkeys on it? I heard that it didn't any longer. I haven't been to Homosassa Spr attraction in quite awhile. Used to have a season pass.
    Used to go to Yulee Sugar Mill too for picnics when Alan was alive.
    Looking forward to Thursday!

    ReplyDelete