Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Planting Time

It will soon be time to plant my new caladium bulbs.  I picked out the area under my little palm tree as a perfect spot for the Florida Sweetheart bulbs.  I removed the mulch.  

I use eucalyptus mulch instead of cyprus mulch because the eucalyptus trees grow 3 times faster than the cyprus trees & are just as plentiful. Eucalyptus mulch is available at  Lowe's and I hope you will consider using it!

Anyway, here's what the spot looks like now.

  I'll be adding some of Miracle-Gro Garden Soil to the mostly sand that's there now.
Then someday when all of the caladiums are in bloom, I will take an "after" picture & post it here to share with you.


1 comment:

  1. I hope your caldiums grow big and beautiful, I'm sure they will under your loving care. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete