Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Lovely Visit

Melanie arrived safely around noon on Thursday and so the first topic of conversation was LUNCH.  She mentioned that as she drove thru Avon Park, she noticed our lovely hotel called the Jacaranda.  It just so happens that Melanie loves historic buildings and the Jacaranda is surely one of those so . . .

instead of going out to dinner, we decided to have lunch at the Jacaranda.  The lunch menu is limited to soup, salad bar & sandwiches. The choices were numerous and Melanie chose a ruben and I chose chicken fried steak.  Both were yummy.  
Here's a picture of the dining room complete with tablecloths and napkins.
I'm upset with myself for not having my camera ready and taking some of my own pictures especially one of Melanie and me.  But these will have to do for now.

The outside of the Jacaranda looks like this picture which I don't think really does it justice.

I might as well show the rest of the Jacaranda. This is the lovely lobby.

And last but not least, here's what the rooms look like.  This one has a Queen size bed but they have some with twin beds too.

You can read all about the Jacaranda HERE if you're interested.

After lunch, we went to Joyce's for coffee with the puppies.  Stayed in for dinner and ate some of my homemade chili topped with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese.

Then we were off to play Sticks with 4 other ladies and I do believe Melanie enjoyed herself.

We talked until midnight and then finally went to bed.

Melanie left the following morning after breakfast.  Her visit was short but SWEET. I loved it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marge!
    I am so glad that everything came together for Melanie and that she was able to come and visit. You know, as a person that always carries her camera with her, sometimes, just having the memory of being together can be just as sweet as having a photo. :)

    I hope you have a terrific week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great time, Marge! I too am kicking myself for forgetting my camera but there is next time! I tried explaining to Mom how "Sticks" works but I don't think she understood. The photos of the Jacaranda are wonderful! I'd love to go again and look around the lobby and at some of the books on the shelves! Thanks again for a great time! Don't forget to send me that chili recipe! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge, I am glad you and Melanie got to meet. I wish you had a picture to share. I hope you plan another meeting soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marge! Heppy to hear about your time with Melanie! I always prefer lunch to dinner out with a friend... it's less rushed and you feel you can enjoy conversation more. The hotel looks lovely...do they have Jacaranda trees there? (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete