Thursday, August 1, 2013

Today . . .

is the 1st day of August and 

 
. . . is the day that Melanie comes to visit!  If all goes according to plan, she will be here around noon.  We'll have lunch and then sit down with an ice cream bar and catch up on all the latest news.  I'll take her for a ride in the golf cart and give her a tour of the village and tell her why I feel that living here is such a blessing.

Around 3 o'clock, we'll go to Joyce's for coffee hour (which usually lasts 2 hours but who's counting).  We'll go out to eat dinner at either The Clock or Bob Evans.  We'll have to eat early so we can be back by 6:15 to play Sticks.  It's a fun game that you play with cards.  She should like it!

Melanie's visiting takes a great deal of planning on her part.  She doesn't have the luxury of just getting up and going whenever she wants to.  She not only has to find a place to board her puppy but she also has to find a sitter for her Mom.  The little bit of her time that she shares with me has to be as relaxing and fun for her as possible.  That's my job and I hope she truly enjoys her "get away" day with me.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marge!

    I love that you have everything planned out for your visit with Melanie! She must be such a dear friend, and she just looks so sweet and fun! She must love you too!

    I have never played, Sticks, but it sounds fun!

    Have a wonderful week-end!!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marge for a wonderful visit! Much too short but I'll plan for a longer one next time. You were a wonderful host and It was so much fun playing Sticks and just gabbing. You are a very special lady and friend! I told Mandy all about Dahlia! Lots of HUGS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie,
      Sorry I missed your call but got your message. You made good time. You are the best house guest ever. Happy to have you and Mandy come anytime. So glad you enjoyed our time together as much as I did! Love you! Hugz!!

      Delete
  3. So happy to hear you two got to meet up. I have met up with Tammy from My Hiding Place, a few times. If I am ever your way, maybe we can meet up too. Hugs

    ReplyDelete