Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Celebration , , ,

On Saturday, I went to "A Celebration of Mary Sender's life" hosted by her children at Mary's house in Floral City.  Mary is the sweet lady I met when I went with the kids to Homosassa Springs for a w/e this summer.  Michelle brought her mother Mary and she & I spent the w/e together.  It was one of those instantly friends kind of things and our plan was to be friends forever.

Our plan however was not meant to be.  Mary started having medical issues shortly after our w/e and she wound up at Shands Hospital in Gainesville where she was diagnosed with lung cancer.  Mary died on the day she was scheduled to start chemo.  Guess she really didn't want to go!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about Mary. I'm sure your friendship with her was very special for her in the time she had left.

    ReplyDelete