Sunday, November 17, 2013

Movies

I still do the Netflix thing but had planned on canceling my membership.  Then along came a DVD named "The Way" that I watched it yesterday and really liked it so guess I'll not be canceling just yet.  I even saw the trailer of another one I want to see.
Actually, I think the film should be named "The Walk" and here's why.  When his son ( Emilio Esteves  ) dies while walking the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage route in the Pyrenees, a grieving father ( Martin Sheen ) flies to France to claim the remains.  Looking for insights into his estranged child's life, he decides to complete the 500 - mile walk to Spain.  

A lovely story that you can relate to even if you are not a parent.  But . . . it has no foul language, no nudity and no violence which is probably why this film didn't get much publicity. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marge! I've never seen this movie with real life father and son! Do you have Redbox where you live? It's often in markets and it's only a little over $1.00 for DVD's and $1.50 for Blu-Ray... they have very recent movies and you can even reserve and pay for them online. If you sign up for texts or emails, they often send codes for free or discounted movies, too. We use that now instead of Netflix. Have a great week ahead! (((Hugz)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday Marge; I heard about this movie awhile ago but never thought to watch it. I'm hoping it's on my Amazon Prime free movie list. It looks like my type of movie. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete