Saturday, December 7, 2013

Advent . . . 18 days

24 days
23 days
22days
21days
20days
19days










The Christmas Dove
In the Bible, there are many references to the dove. When the Three Wise Men carried gold, myrrh and frankincense as gifts to Christ, the shepherds following them carried fruits, honey and doves. In the 55th Psalm, King David said, "Oh that I had wings like a dove! For then I would flee away and be at rest. Lo, then would I wander far off and remain in the wilderness. I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and the tempest."

These references give the dove special significance in the Christian religion and in the celebration of Christmas. Doves are symbolic of peace, purity, love and the Holy Spirit, all important concepts celebrated during the Christmas season. Because of this, doves became popular as Christmas tree decor.

Source       Graphic

No comments:

Post a Comment