Saturday, December 28, 2013

Between . . .

We call this 'the week between the holidays'.  It's the only week all year that's kinda special.  We have days that are special during the year but not entire weeks. In our younger years, this was the week when hubby & I hosted the majority of our Christmas parties.  The Christmas rush was over and it was the perfect time to relax and have fun!  

Those days are over so now I spend this week thinking about the year that's ending and planning for the year that's coming. 

Before the New Year arrives, the house has to be clean, the laundry must be done, the vacuum cleaner bags must be emptied & the pantry must be filled with all  the usual staples.  All of these things are necessary for the New Year to be successful.

Today I'll get the ironing done and Dahli will get a good brushing.  I've been giving some serious thought to changes that need to be made and so far have deciced that less time will be spent playing facebook games and more time will be spent reading.  Yesterday, I learned how to download books from the local library to my mini ipad.  A great alternative to purchasing books or reading only free ones.  I started reading . . . 

The Courage Tree

by Diane Chamberlain 


Eight-year-old Sophie Donohue just wanted to be like every other little girl. Which is why her mother, Janine, reluctantly agreed to let her go on the weekend camping trip with her Brownie troop. But when Janine arrives to pick up Sophie after the trip, her daughter is not among the others. Somehow, along the forested route from West Virginia, Sophie has disappeared.


Hope you're having a wonderful 'week between the holidays'.

5 comments:

  1. Great idea, Marge downloading library books. I got off Farmville awhile back and am weaning myself off Face Book - only have family there now and soon that will be gone. Wishing you and sweet Dahli a wonderful New Year. Looking forward to getting together again in the near future. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, I am looking into a Kindle or Surface for reading and computer. I play FV and Word with Friends. I do plan to do more reading too. Your book sounds interesting. There are a lot of low cost books to read. I also like reading historical Christian fiction. Have a great week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge! I love your family photos. I hope that one day soon you will get your grown-up Christmas wish. :) I too have to do a lot of the things you've mentioned. Hubby and I are getting up bright and early to go shopping. Probably going to be in line for an hour. lol Good idea with the books. Have a wonderful New Year! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marge!

    I love your list of things to do before the new year, and I hope you have a wonderful one!

    Happy New Year sweet friend!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, Marge! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete