Monday, January 6, 2014

Brrr . . .

Currently, our temps are in the 70's.  They will fall to the 50's around noon when the winds pick up and then will start to drop to freezing. 

It's getting close to Strawberry festival time here so the growers will be running the sprinklers all night to keep the fruit from freezing.

I'll be getting my plants into the shed this morning to protect them and then I'll cover the inground plants with terry towels. 

I know that many of you are in a much worse condition than we are so I pray that we all survive the freeze as painlessly as possible.  Stay warm!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Marge!

    I can't believe how cold it is in the Southern part of the country! I hope the strawberries don't freeze, and I hope your plants survive the cold temps! You stay warm...this too shall pass!

    Warm Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marge, what happened to our tropical paradise? As I sit here at 7:10 pm, it is 38 degrees and that's only slightly colder than it was at noon. I brought my car in the garage during this time. I have no plants to protect but I know you have your pretty ones. I too hope the strawberries don't freeze. Stay warm, my friend. Warmer weather is on its way (at least for awhile!) Hugs

    ReplyDelete