Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Catching Up . . .

It's been way too long since my last entry so it's time to CATCH UP!

Saturday, March 1st: I did a deep clean of my bedroom. Changed the dust ruffle and mattress pad and blanket and got those all washed at our Laundry Room.

Sunday, March 2nd:  It was my ususal 8 o'clocl Mass and out to breakfast with my lady friends.  Watched the Oscar's in the evening.

Monday, March 3rd:  Laundry and getting ready for my trip to Tampa on Tuesday.

Tuesday, March 4th:  Annie Sullivan picked me up at 11:30 a.m. and we headed North to Tampa with a stop at Woody's for lunch.  Woody's is my all time fave place for baby back ribs.  What a great treat.  Loved it.  Checked in at the Residence Inn in Tampa around 3 and were very pleased with our accommodations.  At 6;30 p.m. they called us down for social hour during which they served a light supper of hot dogs, b-b-q chicken, tossed salad & dressings, cole slaw & all the ice tea or lemonade you could drink.  FREE!!

Wednesday, March 5th:  4 a.m. wake up call so that I could be at the Norman Parathyroid Center at Tampa General Hospital at 5:15 a.m.  I changed into the usual hospital gown and the RN's did all the prep stuff.  I went for a nuclear scan of my parathyroids and then the Doc's came in for the usual talk.  They said I would go the OR by 7 a.m. and be on my way home by 9: 30 and that's exactly what happened.

Before leaving the OR, the Doc brought me a picture of my tumor.  That gland should be the size of a grain of rice.  Based on the looks of it, I'm not surprised it caused my Ca++ levels to be so elevated.  Annie dropped off at my house at 11:30 a.m..  I was gone exactly 24 hours.   Dahli stayed at Joyce's and she was so happy to see me she jumped in my lap and she never does that.


Thursday, March 6th: to Sunday, March 9th:   Decisions, decisions, decisions.  I had to decide if I was going to Bike Week in Daytona Beach and let the kids know by 9 a.m.  I felt fine. No pain. No problems so I called to let them know I would be there by Noon.  We stayed at the Hilton again and in the same type room that they call a Cabana. It's great in that there's a large patio, grass, a boardwalk and the ocean right there.  Loved it!

Here we are on the patio.  Me & Dahli, Robbie, Jenny, Debbie and Chelly.  Andy is taking the pictures.

 The beautiful beach with Joe's Crab Shack on the pier.

Andy, Jenny, Chellie, Me & Robbie on our way to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner.
Debbie is missing cause she's taking the pictures.

Andy & me & Dahli
sitting on the steps of the Hilton watching the bikes go by.

Thanks, kids.  I really had a  fun time!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marge, so glad you are all caught up here. Good that you have your surgery. So your are all ok now? Looks like you had a fun weekend and Dahli too! Take care, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge; Didn't realize you were having surgery. I'm happy all turned out well. Love your catching up entry and looks like your weekend was great. Don't you just love the way pets like children show their love.. Dahli is adorable. Have a great day ahead my friend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge! I must have missed something as well. I didn't know you were having surgery! I'm glad that tumor is out of you!! Is it benign? I sure pray so! Looks like you had fun at Bike week. :) Hope you're well. Have a great day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marge, Glad you are catching up.
    I miss deep cleaning!! I can't do much since spinal surgery last may but, maybe one day.
    Glad you surgery went well and hopefully things will be 100% from now on!
    Looks like you've been having a great time too.
    Stay well.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear that your surgery went well. I didn't know you were having it done. It looks like a great time in Daytona. I've been through there on bike week but never stayed. Have a wonderful rest of the week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad your surgery went well. I have never been to Daytona, looks like you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete