Wednesday, March 26, 2014

ending . . .

Today was the last day to shuffle followed by lunch at the Olive Garden.  Yummy soup & salad for me. Good food, good friends, good fun!

Nebraska came today.  I may watch it after Survivor tonight.
Summary:
When a cantankerous old boozer thinks he's won a magazine sweepstakes prize, his son reluctantly takes a road trip with him to claim the fortune. As they drive from Montana to Nebraska, they visit friends and relatives to whom the dad owes money.


About Dallas Buyers Club:
Same old. same old with the movie.  Too much f**k word.  Too many sex scenes.  Like I said: same old. same old.

Personally:  It was 1986 but it seems like only yesterday when the night supervisor came on the floor for report and showed me this small article that she cut out of newspaper.  It was about HIV/AIDS.  I read it. I looked at her with this questioning look on my face.  She said: "this is gonna change the world".  Little did I realize how true those words would turn out to be.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marge!

    I love olive Garden and the soup and salad is always my go-to there! We also got the same score on the coffee quiz - two great minds!!

    I refuse to watch shows with to much sex, violence and cursing, it just goes against my grain...

    Your friend was right - it changed the world . . . so sad.

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olive Garden sounds like the perfect lunch! Enjoy "Nebraska". I will not watch movies with so much profanity and gratuitous sex. You can tell an amazing story without all that. Hoping we can get together soon. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge! I love Olive Garden! Making me hungry! I really do not like movies with profanity or sex, I would rather read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marge, I love the soup and salad at Olive Garden! My daughter saw Dallas Buyers Club as a part of her infectious disease portion of her class. I don't like movies that have a lot of profanity either. I remember that time also and hearing it on the news. Have a great weekend. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Marge,
    So few good movies anymore. Why do they think they need profanity to sell a movie?
    Some of my favorites are oldies from the 40s,and 50s which had no foul language at all.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Saturday Marge;
    I was given a gift card for Christmas from one of my nephews for the Olive Garden. My sister and I went for lunch this past week after her doctor's appointment in Kingston (22 miles across the Hudson from where we live) and the place is beautiful. They even gave us a complimentary glass of red wine. While I'm not a drinker, I enjoyed the one glass (it made me a little light headed) and the food was delicious (though expensive). First time I've been to an Olive Garden.

    I never watched the old Dallas and even the commercials of the new one won't have me watching it either. Seems to be more garbage shows on TV lately. I end up watching TCM, QVC and Hallmark along with YES for baseball now.
    Have a great weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete