Saturday, July 12, 2014

Memories . . .

It's not all that often that I think about "the good old days".  But I did last Sunday.  I was at Church and got up to go to Communion and happened to look down at the pew in front of me.

Could hardly believe my eyes when I spotted a bermuda bag laying there on the seat of the pew.  I felt my face flushing and the tears coming to my eyes.  Could it be?  Was it really a bermuda bag?

I tapped the lady on the shoulder and asked "did you get your purse at Pappagallo?"  She shook her head "yes".  "Brings back lots of memories" I said.  "Wish I still had mine".  She smiled and shook her head 'yes' as though she understood exactly what I was feeling.

My sister & I loved these silly little purses.  My sister even made her own covers that matched her outfits.  I was never quite that ambitious.

For those who don't know what a bermuda bag is . . . 


They are still available today.  I googled them and found them at several stores and if they weren't so pricey, I would buy one but for now I'll just stay in the memory stage. 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Marge,
    I haven't heard of Bermuda purses. But they sure are cute!! I hope you can get one someday. Happy weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, I have never heard of Bermuda bags. I am glad it gave you a happy memory. Happy Sunday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do remember those bags and I think I remember having one at one time. Very clever to make covers to match outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received a Bermuda bag as a gift from my Aunt who was vacationing in Bermuda. It was a brown and white wooly tweed like material with my initials sewn on the front. I was probably 11 when I received it and did not really appreciate it as I would today. I had it for years and years but it is now gone after many moves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have seen those before. They seem familiar. I did not have one though. Isn't it crazy how something can take you back like that? I love memories. Have a great week. ((BIG HUGS))!!
    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marge - I know I've seen those before, but now you have me wanting to check them out. I'm the same way - I can see something, hear something, or smell a certain scent, & memories can come flooding back! I'm off to go check out a Bermuda Bag now! Hugs
    http://homespunblessings.net/Gratefulheartblog.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marge...I just went & searched for the Bermuda bags, & found them. I found a few for actually a very good price on Ebay. Now you have made me want one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy. Oh good! I love to pass the love along!!

      Delete
  8. Hi Marge!
    I believe that I have seen them before and it amazes me how something so small can make the biggest impact on our lives. I have had similar experiences myself.

    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Jules

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marge! I remember the Bermuda bags! Someone in my family used to make them. I wish I could remember who. They were always so cute. I wish I still had mine. Hope you've had a great Monday! Hugs

    ReplyDelete