Sunday, August 10, 2014

CC #17 of 30

A recipe to share with you today.  Those of you who know me, know that I am not a cooker and I am not a baker and the Lord knows I don't collect recipes but . . . this one looked so good I had to copy it and share it with you. It's called: Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll-Ups

Do you have a loaf of white bread, some cream cheese and sugar?  Well, then you have a dessert!   So, if you just want something quick and easy to show up at someone else’s party with, these rollups are the answer.

 Ingredients
1 loaf (16 ounces) thinly sliced white bread, crusts removed

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

3/4 cup confectioners sugar

1 cup sugar

1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3/4 cup butter, melted

Directions

Flatten bread with a rolling-pin. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar. In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Spread about 1 tablespoon of cheese mixture on each slice of bread. Roll up, jelly roll style. Dip in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 roll-ups.

One of the best things about these little roll ups is that they are delicious warm, room temp or even cold.

Found this @ www.KeshiasKakes.weebly.com

If you happen to make these before I do . . . please let me know what you think. Thanks.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marge; Looks like a nice little recipe, but I too don't bake that much anymore. My problem is I'll eat it all. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge!

    Yum Yum! I have grandkids all week, looks like a fun recipe little hands could handle!

    I could not live without most gadgets - although I did manage to live without a microwave for almost two years. I finally gave in when my sister and her husband gave one to us...I still think they may cause cancer... :-P My husband says they've come a long with since the 80's! Anyway, we have one, and I really do love it!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge,
    Thanks for the recipe. I have made something similar and they didn't turn out right but I think it is more my technique than the recipe. I might just have to try this out.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great and so easy! I do love cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marge! Happy Monday! Oh that sounds like a good recipe! Nice and light for the summer, and we love cinnamon! Hope you have a great start to your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marge! Ok, I think I am finally caught up on your post. :) Hope you're having a great week so far! Loved all your meme answers and this recipe looks so yummy. I may have to make it. Hugs

    www.thecountrywife.net

    ReplyDelete