Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Autumn Blog Hop


Welcome to my Autumn Blog Hop Page.

Lot's of fun stuff for you to see and DO here! There may even be some things you may want to copy & save.  Just hope you have fun & enjoy yourself.




What better way to start then with Toni's Tuesday meme?



1. Favorite Autumn Activity? A walk in the woods
2. Favorite Autumn Meal? chili with sour cream & cheese toppings
3. Favorite Autumn Drink? cider
4. Favorite Autumn Weather? sunny and 75

This graphic goes perfectly with Toni's meme.  Don't you think?

How about a recipe for a pumpkin cake?  This one is from Susan Branch, one of my favorite blogs to visit!


Autumn Ambience

Thick leaf-fall glows amber, ochre, bronze
on yards, walks and lawn.
Gutters gather gold dust.
Afternoon sunlight bounces colors skyward,
charges ambient air a mellow yellow.
And I, who walk amid this Midas mist,
am gilded head to toe, a living statue
raised to honor Autumn.


Sister Anna Maria Ahl, SC, 2008


This page would not be complete w/o my favorite friend, Maxine.



So there you have it, dear friends.  You have reached the end of my Autumn Blog Hope page.  Hope you enjoyed your visit as much as I enjoyed having you.  Next stop . . . Susan.  Just click on the quilt square below to go there. 

Thank you, Kim for the great idea. Hope we do this more often even monthly! 

11 comments:

  1. Happy Autumn Blog Hop Marge! I'm so enjoying my visit here. I'm always ready for Fall. and I'm going to print out your Pumpkin Cake recipe. Thank you for sharing my friend. Have a great blog hop day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge! Happy Blog Hop Day! Haha I just love Maxine! She always cracks me up! That pumpkin cake sounds delicious and I think I might be making it. Have a wonderful day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge! Happy Blog Hop Day, Wednesday and October 1st! lol :) I agree, that photo goes perfect with Toni's meme! This was such a great post. Thank you so much for the recipe! I snagged it and will be making it for sure! Have a great day, my friend. Hugs!

    www.thecountrywife.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again! I forgot to thank you for the lovely comments you said about my home! That is so very sweet of you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marge!! Happy Blog Hop Day! I copied the pumpkin cake recipe! I love anything with pumpkin! I do love Maxine! I enjoyed my visit! Thanks for sharing my friend! Happy Wednesday! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love chili with sour cream and cheese, too, and cornbread on the side! The pumpkin cake sounds good, too, and it's on such a pretty graphic. Enjoy your 75 degree fall, we are right there with you unless we heat up with Santa Ana winds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marge, got to love Maxine! Susan Branch has cute things. so colorful.
    It will be near 100 today! I think all my fall/winters clothes are packed too along with my fall decor. Oh well Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marge!!! happy Blog Hop Day!! I am just getting started with the hop, but having so much fun seeing what everyone has to post. I love your graphic of the favorite part of Fall...I pick them all...LOL!!! Have a great day.
    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chili with sour cream and cheese made me hungry. It is a favorite meal of mine. Everytime I hear of chili I remember that Pat Boones family loved it over top of spaghetti! (I know..silly right?)
    Hope you are enjoying your nice temperatures down there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blog Hop Day Marge! I so enjoyed my fall visit with you! The pumpkin cake recipe sounds delicious! I am going to fix that this fall. I love Susan Branch designs - so pretty & colorful. Loved the Maxine cartoon...who can't love her?? LOL So enjoyed your fall pictures too. Thank you for allowing us to share a bit of fall with you. Hugs!
    http://homespunblessings.net/Gratefulheartblog.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed my visit. Thanks for sharing. I'll be enjoying 75 degree temps by Nov. 1st. Can't wait to be a "snow bird" again. Next time we have chili I will top it with sour cream. Everything is better with sour cream! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete