Saturday, October 11, 2014

Freedom . . .

TODAY is the day . . . I'm going to remove the pressure dressing from my left leg and jump in the pool today.  It will be my first time in the pool since the middle of August. Oh my! Torture!  Here's why . . .

I accidentally bumped my ankle on one of the living room chairs and the area got infected.  The doctor ordered Keflex - no help!.  Tried Doxycycline - no help!  Sent me to the wound center.  They wrapped my leg in a pressure dressing from the middle of my foot to my knee.  Yikes! Talk about overkill.  Anyway, I've been sporting this thing for months (since August) .  Every Tuesday I go to the Wound Center.  They measure it, take a picture and reapply the pressure wrap.  Last Tuesday I thought it was healed but the Doc said "one more week".  Oh no!

So I decided that this thing comes OFF today.  It's in the 90's with a cold front coming on Wednesday.  I am not going to miss what could be my last chance to go to the pool. 

Don't forget the Coppertone and towel.  OK? here I go!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Marge, so sorry you have been suffering with that wound. Are you diabetic? I hope you have fun in the pool and I am sure you will clean your wound when you get out. I use Total Choice for my hosting service. Melanie uses Angelfire I think. Yes she does have a website that is very nice Here is the website.. http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/ Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge, hope your ankle is better now. Did you have fun at the pool? I had going to the pool one day but I didn't make it. Next weekend I will be near a pool, maybe then. It's getting too cool for outdoor pools now here. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great time at the pool. I hope your ankle will not trouble you anymore.
    Let us know how the pool was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Marge! I'm so sorry about your wound. I hope the bandage was able to come off and your ankle is fine now. I also hope you made it to the pool along with your towel and Coppertone and had a great time. :) Take care my friend and have a great day & holiday ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I can imagine how hot and uncomfortable that pressure dressing has been in the heat. Enjoy your pool time! Personally, I am eager for that cold front! I'm done with the heat. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marge! I read this Saturday and I swear I commented but I'm losing my mind. So who knows? lol I'm so sorry about your wound but I hope it's better! Were you able to get in the pool and enjoy it? Have a great Monday!

    www.thecountrywife.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marge, I hope your ankle heals up soon and that you were able to have a nice swim! Hope you have a super week ahead ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pressure wrap looks really uncomfortable! Hope it's all healed up and you were able to enjoy a swim.

    ReplyDelete