Monday, December 1, 2014

Day 4 . . . & December Blog Hop


12/1/14:  December Blog Hop:  Favorite Cookie Recipe

The Lechner Family's favorite Chistmas cookie is called: Church Windows.  I inherited this recipe from my mother-in-law many years ago and till this day, if I ask one of my boys which cookie they want me to make for Christmas, it's Church Windows.  Who knows, maybe it will become a favorite of your family's also!!


CHURCH WINDOWS

 1/2 cup butter
 1 (16 ounce) package of milk chocolate chips
 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 1 cup chopped walnuts
 1 (16 ounce) package colored miniature marshmallows
 2 cups flaked coconut

Directions
Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a double boiler or heavy saucepan over medium heat; mix until smooth and creamy; remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Allow to cool then fold in the marshmallows and walnuts.

To the cooled chocolate. Mix. Sprinkle sweetened angel flake coconut on wax paper. Spoon mixture in log form onto wax paper and sprinkle coconut on top. Wrap and refrigerate. 

Cut with electric knife in slices to serve. This is a easy cookie for the holidays and is best to make these when your oven is tied up with other cookies. Makes 3-4 rolls or approx. 36 cookies.

Please click on the quilt square below to visit the next Christmas Blog Hop.
http://darylynn.blogspot.com/




8 comments:

  1. What a unique recipe! It looks very colorful with the mini colored marshmallows. What a fun way to exchange recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge! Happy Dec.1st and Blog hop day! I am so making these! Jay and my nephews will flip for these. Chocolate and marshmallows. How could you go wrong? :)

    www.thecountrywife.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marge! These look beautiful, and my mouth is just watering to taste them! Yes, I think they will become one of our favs too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marge! What a clever recipe! I've never seen this before and I love the idea and name behind them! Thanks for the recipe and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marge, these look so pretty and yummy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marge, I have never heard of these cookies before but I love their name! So pretty and I bet they taste great too. Thanks for the recipe! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marge, I LOVE the name of these & the look of them! Looks like something that would really be fun for me to make with the kids. Loving finding all these new cookie recipes! Hugs
    http://homespunblessings.net/Gratefulheartblog.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marge! I have seen these cookies before but never had the recipe! Thanks for sharing. :) xo

    ReplyDelete